Wednesday 8 August 2012

"Rockpool" Design team projects for Becci's Beads & Crafts

Well Becci loves her " Rockpool" collection from Kaisercraft so when she sent me some goodies including the new Kaisercraft storage tower I decided to give the "Rockpool" a whirl.
I used the 12 x 12 sheets to cover the outside of the tower. The storage tower normally has 6 draws but I decided to take 2 out and just use 4 and have a little shelf instead.
What I didn't cover in paper I painted using the Kaisercraft "Seabreeze" paint and then I distressed it.

On the draws I have used paper from the small paper pad. I love these paper pads as they have coordinating papers but they usually have a bit extra, the Rockpool ones I have used have a metallic finish.
I have also used some of the "RockPool collectables. I have inked the edges using Tim Holtz distress ink. This just softens the edges a little.
around the outside I have used some of the "Rockpool" coordinating ribbon.



side


Top
I used the double sided foam tape from Kaisercraft to lift them a little.


Draws
I have used a couple of seashell shapes that I have had in my stash for years.

Side

Front

When I was finished I coated the whole thing in Mod Podge. I have started using it on all my BTP projects as I find it helps protect it and you can easily wipe off the dust. You don't have to use Mod Podge, you could use any sort of acrylic varnish. I think that Kaisercraft have a clear varnish which would be just as good.
Now all these products can be found in Becci's store if you are keen to make your own storage tower.




1 comment:

  1. This looks so great! I especially love the draw handles! - Karyn

    ReplyDelete