Friday 31 August 2012

"Dusty Attic" Advent Calendar

 
 
 
I have had one of these Dusty Attic Advent Calendars in my stash for over a year. When Becci said she was going to take pre-orders for some new Dusty Attic products including the Advent Calendar I decided that it was about time that I got it out and completed it. I have had an idea of what I wanted to do ever since I brought it as at the same time I also purchased 2 of the inserts to go inside. (Christmas Village & Christmas trees)
I pretty much embossed everything on the inserts which was pretty time consuming but well worth it with the end result.
I used some Texture paste to make the ground look like snow and then while it was still wet added some Mica Flakes to add a bit of sparkle to the snow.
The little drawers are all covered using paper from the Tim Holtz seasonal paper collection.
I also embossed all the numbers that are then glued on the drawers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. W O W! That's the texture paste along the bottom? It looks incredible! Love the whole effect :D

    ReplyDelete