Sunday 19 August 2012

"Cowboy Canvas" with Scrap FX chippies

This canvas has been a work in progress for a while.
I wanted to do a canvas for my youngest son, Justin Colter to put above his bed.
I used lots of Scrap Fx chippies which I have altered with my all time favourite embossing powder.



I have used a fairly large canvas which I inked with Distress ink around the edges.
I then used a large piece of tissue paper whch I stamped randomly with different stamps that were a little bit cowboy or old looking.
Next was to carefully tear the tissue paper around the edges to gie it a distressed look and then carefully modpodge it onto the canvas.
After it was dry I ink it all over with distress ink.
I used a bit of 12x12 paper that was ina  cowboy theme which I distressed the edges on, under the paper is some Tim Holtz tissue paper which has just been torn and stuck down randomly.
Then the fun part of embossing all the chippies and adding the other embellishmnents...

Had so much fun doing this.

















No comments:

Post a Comment